Here are details for Citizen Corps volunteers that will be participating in this year’s River Forest Memorial Day Parade.
- 7:30am: We’ll be meeting at the RFCC trailer at around 7:30am Memorial Day to unload all needed gear and set up the first aid tent. Everyone doesn’t need to be here at that time, but any extra hands that can make it would help out tremendously.
- 8:00: The police briefing will be held at 8:00am at Village Hall. They’ll be handing out assignments for the day and any other relevant operational or safety information.
- 8:30: It’s advised that you the police briefing, but in the off chance that you aren’t able to attend, please arrive at the RFCC trailer between 8:30 & 8:45. There, I’ll be able to give you your post and any other relevant information.
- 9:00: At around 9am, we’ll all be expected to be at our posts and ready to close down assigned intersections.
- 9:30: Parade steps off. The parade is expected to last about an hour or so, after which they’ll say a few words at Keystone Park. People will linger around the area for a bit more after that.
- 11:30/12:00: The plan is to begin closing up shop and stowing away all gear by around 11:30 or 12:00pm. Then we’ll all be free to enjoy the rest of our holiday!
So that’s the plan, but be advised that some scheduling may change as the event progresses.
We’re still soliciting volunteers, so if you’re able to donate a few hours to your community Memorial Day morning, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Thank you! And we hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend!
Let me know if you have any questions.